Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Weekend Chores

We had a beautiful weekend to get out and do some chores around the house. We blew the water out of our sprinkler lines so they don't freeze and break during the winter. Tamara planted some perennials she got from the neighbors. The next couple tasks didn't go so well. We tried to clean the outside of our windows using the hose and the Windex spray. That seemed to work pretty well until the hard water dried and left deposits all over the glass. It looks worse than when we started. Now I need to buy a squeegee and a 20 foot extension pole. I hope the deposits will come off easily. The last task was sealing the stamped concrete patios in the front and back. That went well until I decided to let Mallory seal the curbing around the beds in the front with the rest of the sealant. She spilled the sealant onto the sidewalk (which I didn't want to seal because it is extremely slippery). So now I have two shiny squares of sidewalk and the rest normal. This week, I am working on my scooter which has an oil leak. The leak is from around the crankshaft, so this may be an interesting repair. Wish me luck.

No comments: